Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crying for Daddy

Damon has been away in New York for 5 days now. I miss him badly but I wasn't sure if Clare would be old enough to know how to miss someone. She gave me the answer today.

Damon called at 7 plus in the evening and the time coincided with the time that he always called to let us kknow that he is reaching home from work. When my handphone rang, Calre cried out Daddy Daddy.

She was excited when she heard Damon's voice and continued to call out Daddy a few more times. When I started to converse with Damon, she just sat there and listened intently. As we were ending the conversation, I told Clare to say Bye Bye. When Damon ended the call, Clare cried very badly.

In fact, she was really crying miserably, not the usual wailing for something cry. Her eyes turned red and her mucus started to flow from her nose. She looked so poor thing that I almost teared with her.

Hee.. At least from this incident, I know that her daddy has a very fond place in her heart and that she is missing her Daddy when he is away from us. =)

No comments: