Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MMR Vaccination

Clare is due for her MMR vaccination and I decided to vring her today. I was a little hesistant in bringing her as I heard that it could cause quite a high fever and the strangest thing is that the fever can come in anytime from 5 to 10 days after the injection.

Clare las learnt to recognise the PD clinic as a place where she would either be 'poked' or examined by Dr Simon. She seemed to be worse today as she did not even allow the nurse to measure her head circumference.

When we brought her into the room, she saw Dr Simon and from her expression, she seemed to know what was coming next. She refused to let him examine her and was too smart to be distarcted by us. =p

In the end, she ended up wailing and I had to pin her body to my body and Dr Simon hurried to inject her. =(

However, I am very glad that we had Dr Simon as her PD. Although he is a man of few words, he is always very gentle and patient towards Clare. He would not force her to stay still but would try ways and means to distract her with toys. I really respect him for his patience. =)

Now I am praying that Clare will not develop a fever after her vaccination.

No comments: