Thursday, November 20, 2008

Empathetic Clare

My mother and I brought Clare to the market in the stroller. Clare always obediently sat in the stroller when my mother was with her as my mother explained to her that she could not push the stroller and carry her at the same time.

When we were in the market, she realised that she could be carried by me as there were the two of us. She asked to be carried and I carried her so that she could see the things in the market. She is getting heavier and after a while, my arms were tired and I asked her to sit in the stroller but she refused.

My mother told her that my hands were painful after carrying her for so long. Clare turned towards me and gave me a very sorry look. She pointed to my arms, 'sayang' them and said pain pain and then she pointed to the stroller to indicate that she wanted to sit in it. Throughout the journey back, she kept saying 'Mummy pain pain'.

When we got home, I wanted to carry her out. However, Clare did not stretch out her hands as usual. She repeated 'Mummy pain pain' again. It was only when I told her that my arms were not painful anymore that she broke into a big smile and stretched out her hands to be carried.

Clare really touched our hearts. =) Love you lots, Clare. You are such a sweet darling.

No comments: