On the third day, when we thought we would be discharged. Isaiah's PD, thought he looked a little jaundiced. He asked for a blood test to be done. The blood results came back indicating he was a little jaundiced. We were given 2 choices. One, to bring him home and monitor. If it worsened, he had to be readmitted into the hospital for phototheraphy. Two, to stay and have the phototheraphy for one day. Damon and I decided to stay because I'm breastfeeding Isaiah and it's easier to stay together with him since we have not returned our room yet.
The first time I saw Isaiah in the nursery, stripped bare, with just his diaper on and placed under the light. I was heartbroken and I cried. The next 2 plus hours were like a standstill to me. The image of Isaiah naked and feeling insecure in the nursery just made me so sad.
Then the nurse pushed Isaiah in and told me that he is a very good and brave baby. He didn't fuss or cry during the theraphy. I was relieved and for the next 2 days we were in hospital, the only time I looked forward to were the 2-hourly plus breastfeeding sessions because those were the only times Isaiah could be out of the light and be with us.
Finally, after 5 days and 4 nights at the hospital, we could finally bring Isaiah home! =)





3 comments:
no worries, jaundice is extremely common. both my kids have that. isaiah is indeed a brave boy. btw, how to pronounce your boy's name?
ya, both my kids also have... but thank God, not to the extend of needing a phototherapy... Isaiah is very strong and good-natured! :)
Ya, Clare had it that time but it was mild, so dun have to go through the phototheraphy too.
Post a Comment