This morning, Clare woke up at 6.45am. I asked her if she wanted to go to school. Initially, she said no. Then I told her that I would have to call my aunt and her teachers to let them know that Clare's not going to school. (Hee... Taking a risk here. =p) Clare then said that she wanted to go.
When we were leaving home and standing at the door, we had the following conversation:
Clare: Can Mummy go school?
Mummy: No, Mummy cannot go to school because Mummy is too big for school.
Clare: Can, Mummy can go school. Mummy is small.
I gave a very exaggerated reaction and all 3 of us laughed it off.
When we reached the school gate, Clare seemed to be able to predict what's coming. She clung on to me very tightly and refused to let go. After much difficulty, I managed to take off her shoes and my aunt held out her hands to carry Clare.
Surprisingly, Clare let her carry but when we moved backwards and told her that we would see her later, she started to cry. my aunt tried to pacify her and we left. When we turned the car around, we could see that my aunt was no longer carrying her, but we could not see how Clare's doing. Hopefully, she would be fine.
My aunt gave me a call and told me that Clare tends to cry whenever she wants something or doesn't want to do something. She feels that Clare is trying to test her limits and they would try to be more firm with her in school. During assembly, my aunt was handling a discipline case with 2 boys and they were crying as a result of a quarrel. My aunt told the boys that she didn't want anyone crying in school and Clare was eyeing and observing what's going on. Since that incident, she would stop crying whenever my aunt asked her to.
I then received a mms from my aunt:
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
wow... thks for posting ur experience! my turn next in July and I m having a hard time preparing Sophie and myself. Mayb I shld send her to ur greataunt's childcare... :)
Clare's sch looks great! I wish i have mms updates from my gals' sch too. Looks like Clare is slowly adjusting to the sch. I'm sure she will definitely enjoy sch and benefit from it. At least nw ur mum can have some time for herself. :)
wow, ur grandaunt opens childcare?? which one? can share?
hope clare will enjoy school and have fun!
Dear Clare Clare,
Time flies, you are growing up so fast!
It's must be a great life change for you now.. having so many things to work on everyday in school, making new friends and at the same time learning to cope with the separating with daddy and mummy..
Godpa and Godma are so proud to see that you are such a strong and brave little lady!
Love love! Jia you!
Clare looks so different now! Big girl already, no more pig trotters... does she still hold her poo poo and nap on weekends? I remember you saying that she doesn't poo and nap on saturdays and sundays! Haha :)
heard abt the good news. take care! :)
Post a Comment