Sunday, January 4, 2009

Draw an Apple

We bought an easel board for Clare for Christmas. She enjoys drawing on the easel board. As she was drawing, I drew an apple on the board. Clare took a look at the drawing and said 'apple'. Then she began to draw a spiral on the board. This is the first time she drew a spiral.


Bearing in mind what Clare's Godma told me, I was careful not to ask her what she was drawing. Instead, I asked her to tell me more about her drawing and she said 'apple'. =)

Clare's drawings have made some progress ever since she knows how to hold a crayon:
She started from
1) big scribbles to
2) straight lines to
3) dots to
4) zigzag lines to
5) fine scribbles to
6) spirals

Good job, Clare! =)

5 comments:

Dadaluff said...

Clare is so wonderful! I can't wait for Sophie to start drawing... got so many art and craft ideas for toddlers... hahaha... btw ur easel board istwo-sided? paper or white board? magnetic? I m scouting for one for Sophie...

Clare's Mummy said...

It's magnetic white board on one side and chalk board on the other. =) Crayola easel board. Must be careful to use dry erase markers and not others, heard from a friend that it may leave stains behind. =)

do you know where to scout for carft ideas for toddlers?

Dadaluff said...

You can try this...
http://www.preschoolexpress.com/toddler_station.shtml

Usu I get ideas from books though

Dadaluff said...

another one
http://www.toddlertoddler.com/toddler_activities_arts_crafts.html

Clare's Mummy said...

thanks, girl.

any good books to recommend? =)