I found out a few days ago that Clare knows how to differentiate between the colours - red, yellow and orange and just today, I realised that she knows how to recognise these shapes - circle, star, triangle and heart shape.
It really caught me by surprise as I have not taught her intentionally. Maybe I have always felt that she is still too young to learn all these. I checked with my parents and Damon, they have not taught her too. She must have picked it up when we were talking and reading to her.
I also took out her shape sorter for her to play recently and she could independently slot in all the shapes on her own. The only thing that worries me is that she gets impatient easily. If she cannot put a shape in as she has not placed it in the correct angle, she gets frustrated and wants me to help her. Hmm... Must think of a way to cultivate her patience and perseverance. =)
Children are really like sponge, they picked up things very fast. =) I must be very careful what I do and say in front of her now as I would not want her to pick up the wrong things.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Clare is so advanced! Must be ur nurturing presence!
eh... i wasn't very much present with her last year. was so busy in school. felt so guilty...
Post a Comment