Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fish Bone Scare

Clare almost swallowed a fish bone today. I have been the one preparing her porridge for the past few days as I am on school hols. I just assumed that the portion of fish that my father cut for each day is free from bones and I cut it when it's still frozen. So if there is any bone in the fish, I would not be able to tell as the fish is still very hard.

I started feeding her from a small saucer as usual so that it would not be so hot. Clare started to fidget just after 3 mouthfuls and asked to be carried down from her highchair. She would usually only start to be restless after she is at least halfway through her meal. I decided to feed her later when she was more ready for her meal. I was just clearing the little saucer when I was shocked to see a bone almost as long as 1 cm long. She would have swallowed the bone if she had continued to eat her porridge!

I get really so frightened just thinking of what might happen if she really swallowed the bone. I was very convinced that it was Clare's guardian angel watching over her. Thank God that she is fine. =)

Lesson learnt for me, I should always use my fingers to feel for any bones before putting the fish in to cook.

No comments: